Very cool CA Sierra Trip Report

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lovetohike

Reaction score
Thought this trip report was particularly thrilling. Amazing pictures, good story, and certainly a pretty over-the-top accomplishment. But the only thing I wondered about was how many of these types of pretty extreme ski mountaineers don't make it on one of these type of solo adventures? Certainly it's a choice they make and the thrills and accomplishment are probably worth the risk to them. And I must say I'm a bit jealous of the ability involved (as well as the nerve). I guess, it's basically a case of people make their choices and as long as they're not hurting or endangering others (with rescues, etc.) it's truly their choice. Whatever, it's a lot of fun looking and reading.

Mount Huxley's North Couloir

Any thoughts about this on another rainly day in the Northeast?

Am somewhat familiar with the route they took. We (my wife, Brutus & I) stopped at Lake Sabrina on Memorial Day Weekend. Interesting to watch extreme sports - sorta like watching NASCAR waiting for the wrecks - but it's not for me.