Cardigan Lodge: Spring Trail Cleanup Weekend May 11-13

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazzbo

Reaction score
Waltham, MA Jazzbo & Marty meet Bigfoot on Kenne
Let's see what happens if I post an event for the New Hampshire Chapter Trail Crew Cardigan Lodge Spring Trail Cleanup Weekend happening weekend of May 11-13. Event starts Friday evening with light buffet supper served from 6-8 pm at Cardigan Lodge. Thrifty locals wishing to participate may elect to pass on the food and lodging portion and simply show up for the morning muster at 8:00 in front of the lodge and sign up for work crews at that time. Or if you're really local you can show up Friday night to meet and smooze and sign up for work crews and return Saturday and Sunday mornings for work. Work crews go out Sunday morning to put in 1/2 day and return for big buffet lunch of left overs from previous morning and evening meals.

A variety of work crews/assignments are available to suit every ability, level of interest, and physical stamina. All crew leaders are highly qualified and will train as required. Families are welcome, but preferable if kids can put in full day of work. Kids who sign up for work crews must be accompanied by the parent and the parent assumes responsibility for their child. There's a happy hour at end of work day on Saturday. BYOB/W Participants are welcome to bring alcohol, but drinking is generally low-key. All ages are welcome. Weather can be crumby, but has to be pretty bad to cancel activities so bring foul weather gear. Rainy days are actually great time to clean water bars.

Did I say they feed crews exceptionally well? Food is always great and there's lots of it. No resemblance at all to the FTFC dinner fare. All meals are served family style in the Cardigan Lodge dining area. Trail lunches are provided for Saturday.

Cost is $25/person for two nights at Cardigan and meals.

Contact Pinkham for person to contact to make reservations or PM me and I'll send you the registrar's email address. Here's a link to NH Chapter Trail Crew website for more info. Go to the 2006 schedule. They're much better at trail maintainance than web hosting.

NH Hampshire Chapter Trail Crew