Baldface Circle Trail 7/20/08

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erugs

Reaction score
Conditions: Showers and Heavy Rain

Special Equipment: I wished I had brought my rain hat and gaiters. Had more than enough water (!)

It wasn't even drizzling when we started up, and heavy rains were not in the forecast, but by the time we arrived at the shelter there were pretty steady showers. A number of other hikers turned around near here. Some in our group were hesitant about ascending the ledges since they were wet, but all wanted to see them and give them a try. Before long, you reach a point of "no return" and all of us made it with good comraderie. The main group decided not to do the traverse and returned to the parking lot via the Slippery Brook Trail. The rain came down much harder but there were no thunderstorms associated with it. Brian and I decided to continue on and completed the circuit. Saw a group of three men doing trail work as we approached the South Baldface summit. (Thank you!) Saw bear poo on the trail with recognizable berries, which might explain why there were fewer after we left the South summit area. Foliage is pretty well grown in along the trail in the area of the North Baldface summit. (Maybe it was worse because it was so WET.) We enjoyed the day but it was nice to have dry clothes to change in to at the parking lot.

Last edited: