Alpine Garden

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seeker

Reaction score
The flowers were starting to come out on the Baldfaces last weekend--has anyone been to the Alpine Garden or know wen the flowers are supposed to peak? I'm thinking next weekend might be good.

Thanks.

I was there on Sunday and was disappointed. Just mountain avens and sandwort mostly. Looks like the Labrador tea and diapensia are coming along, but I couldn't tell what state the azalea and rosebay were in.

Alpine Garden flowers

Unfortunately this looks like a very poor year for the typical June flowers in Alpine Garden. I was on Lafayette on Memorial Day weekend. Diapensia were blooming nicely there, but the Diapensia flowers were covered in rime ice. First time I'd seen flower petals with rime ice dragging them down. I was in Alpine Garden on 6/12. I'd rate the display as a 2 on a scale of 1 to 10. Many of the Diapensia flower stems were wilted and falling over rather than standing erect like they normally do. This is probably due to the frost damage on Memorial Day weekend. There were some Lapland Rosebay and Alpine Azalea in bloom but not very many. The Diapensia in the Cow Pasture was in much better shape than the Garden. The Cow Pasture is a bit more exposed and higher than the Garden. It's Diapensia may have not yet reached the blossoming stage during the Memorial Day Weekend Frost.

Well darn. I was getting all excited because the flowers in Evans Notch on the Baldfaces and Royces last weekend were in about mid-bloom. We saw azalea, lapland rosebay (I think), labrador tea, bunchberry, and some kind of laurel (I think).

Thanks for the info.