Greylock Cycling

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndianChris

Reaction score
Notch Road / West Mountain Road...on the east side of Greylock...are these roads paved from Adams to the Notch Resevior?
Thanks a lot.

There is a West Mt. Road that heads southwest from Adams to the trailheads for the Cheshire Harbor trail and the Gould trail; That road is paved.

I assume you're referring to the road that runs north along the east side of Ragged Mountain, and ends at Reservoir Road in North Adams; that road is not paved, except for the very beginning in Adams.

Upon further review, and talking to a friend who lives near there, the road is passable. However, he informs me that Phizer bought some of the property the road crosses, and has started mining the area. He warns me that there is a detour around the area that is very obvious, as 4 wheelers use it all of the time.

He suggested that an alternative route might be to take the Gould Road right into the Greylock Glen area. Follow the road past the maintenance building, and that trail/road joins up with the Notch Road farther north of the mining area. Food for thought?