slide on Cliff

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moonrock

Reaction score
Anybody have any lore on this subject, for (mainly non-technical) mtn hikers ?

Thanks

No lore, but I've hiked it a couple of times. It's a pretty neat route to get up Cliff, if only because it's out in the open and you actually have some views as you make the ascent. It's a rubble slide, similar to the one on Macomb, and not steep - no worries about "falling off", just watch your footing because of the loose scree.

You can approach it either from the old Twin Brook lean-to site and the abandoned yellow trail, but that's probably very hard to find the start of with all the logging in that area recently. Best bet is to take the usual approach to Cliff but keep going down the other side from the height of land and find the start of the slide there. It should be easy to find still.

It brings you up to the col between two of the summit bumps, so at the top, head left (south) towards the actual summit, which has a disk or sign on it, at least the last time I was there (last summer) it did.

It's an interesting route, a bit longer than the usual way. The first time I tried it, I came up from the old Twin Brook lean-to, and found the cliffs first, which I mistook for the slide. That was a more challenging, and not recommended, route!