Best women's hiking boots for small sizes?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starbug2000

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for brands or styles of women's hiking boots in small sizes? My sister-in-law wears a size 5 or 5 1/2 and has had some trouble finding a good pair. She has resorted to using children's boots in the past, without any real success. She usually does day hikes in the summer and fall (ie, no winter hiking) in New England. Any suggestions will be much appreciated!

Have you considered a visit to the Limmer boys in Intervale NH?
These boots are their life's work and they will help fit you. They not only have custom made but you can buy them right off the shelf. They would prefer to not fit you after you have been hiking and your feet are swollen.
Even their ultra light boots are boots of substance.
I also recommend listening to their advice about sizing because twice now I wanted to "do my own thing" and had I not listened and heeded Ken's advice, it would have been a very big mistake! What feels great in the store is not necessarily what will fit properly once the boot is broken in.

I have wasted so much money on boots and I swear this time I hope I have learned my lesson.

They last a very long time and they can resole them, stretch them, and fix most anything that might need help.

http://www.limmerboot.com/

Click on to the pic "boots and accessories" and you will see women's sizes down to 5.
They do require a break in period and good socks. After a few trials and errors, I finally found the right sock combo for my new Ultra Light Limmers. Light liners and Smart Wool adrenalines seem to work for me. My older lightweight boots need Smart wool expedition socks with light liners.
It's was all trial and error with getting a comfortable sock system but I do have bad feet.

Yes I give them 5*****+

Does anyone have any recommendations for brands or styles of women's hiking boots in small sizes? My sister-in-law wears a size 5 or 5 1/2 and has had some trouble finding a good pair. She has resorted to using children's boots in the past, without any real success. She usually does day hikes in the summer and fall (ie, no winter hiking) in New England. Any suggestions will be much appreciated!

Keen Oregon PCT would be a choice for a rugged boot.

Women's size range goes down to 5 and the Keen's tend to run small by a half size or so.

I don't have that particular style, mine are Targhee's high-tops that I purchased 4 years ago. Waterproof, wicking liner, stability sole, a forward rocker motion, great traction, hard toe cap, fabulous comfort and support. Plenty for me, but the Oregon is even more rugged.

Breeze