Photos of Iroquois

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Reaction score
I'm looking for photos of Mt. Iroquois' south and west sides taken from Marshall, Santanoni, Panther or therabouts. If you've got one (or more) post 'em here or mail to:

[email protected]

Thanks!

Neil,

Go -HERE- and then click the image. It's a huge, clear image (cept for the tree :() of the west side of Iroquois from Marshall.

-HERE- is a picture of the southern profile of Iroquois from a ledge on Uphill Brook (heading up Redfield). It's kind of far off and not the best quality, but it shows the profile. Same process, click to enlarge.

(btw - A direct southern view of the south side of Iroquois is pretty elusive. The photo above is about as good an angle as you I've got. Skylight and Marcy view it, but without a telephoto (which I don't use on my digital) its pretty hard to get any detail. Santanoni and Panther look on the NW side of Iroquois and would not help.

Last edited:
Mark said:
Ask and ye shall receive.

VFFT is a great hiking resource, isn't it?
Check the times on my request and Mavs' reply. Only 14 minutes elapsed between the two.

It'd have been simpler if I had just said I wanted to go from Iroquois to Marshall and does anybody have pics of the route down off Iroquois.

Neil said:
It'd have been simpler if I had just said I wanted to go from Iroquois to Marshall and does anybody have pics of the route down off Iroquois.

The herd path begins in earnest at the bottom of Shepherd's Tooth (or the Wart, or the Iroquois Peace Pipe). Make your way down the open rocks and through the ROUGH scrap until you hit the bottom of the Tooth. Then go up for the cool views, of course. When you return to the bottom (on the Iroquois side) head to the right of the Tooth. The path was very obvious (and tight) this July. After maybe a half hour you will hit the infamous cliffs near the col. There is a good bailout (as in much easier than dropping down the cliffs) to the left. Just keep heading left and you will find your way to the Pass below and the marked trail. You will be within a minute or two from the cairn marking the route up to Marshall. As you descend off the first bump, look for a good size (8 feet high?) boulder on your left. CLIMB IT! Fantastic views down to Wallface, MacNaughton and beyond. The rest is a short jaunt up to the summit.

Doc McPeak said:

You will be within a minute or two from the cairn marking the route up to Marshall.

Go left or right from here?