did you feel the earthquake today ?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sitting at my desk, 3rd floor of an office building in downtown Syracuse, NY everyone on my floor felt it right about 1:42 p.m. or so. My chair started moving enough that I thought someone was shaking the back of it, when I turned around to yell at whoever it was, my hands on the desk felt even more movement and nobody was behind me. My monitors were moving back and forth quite a bit. The whole thing lasted about 10-15 seconds and fluctuated in intensity. It was really cool, although one guy on my floor was freaked out and ran outside.

Good to hear from the NY contingent above... it was felt here in western new york as well. I had an appt with my atty who's office is located on the second floor of an older home (darn close to the PA line) - he said he had noticably felt it. I was outside at the time and didn't feel anything myself. I did see that the peak ceiling in the sunroom had a center crack that wasn't there a few days ago.

3 days ago, I stood at the edge of the epicentre, just north of Gatineau, Quebec, near the small town of Notre Dame de la Salette.

What I saw was an area roughly 3 football fields long and two across that had sunk 30 feet below the surrounding fields. The edges looked like they had been cut with a knife.

I'll post a picture later on.

I don't know if it's related but the area has it's share of landslides and sinkholes (100 years ago a landslide claimed 35 lives when several houses slid into the Lièvre River).