Loop: South & North Twin via Trails + Bushwhack (25-Jun-2010)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1HappyHiker

Reaction score
Below is a conditions summary for the on-trail portion of this hike. More details (plus a few photos) about this trek are located in the Trip Reports forum. (Click HERE)

The off-trail (bushwhack) portion of this loop involved the Little River Valley corridor. The on-trail portion involved the following:
1) a portion of the Twinway (between the Bondcliff Trail junction and South Twin); 2)the North Twin Spur Trail: 3) the North Twin Trail.

Trail Conditions:

A) TWINWAY (from Bondcliff Trail junction to South Twin): The trail was generally in good shape. There were no blowdowns, but there were several muddy sections to pick your way through.

B) NORTH TWIN SPUR TRAIL: Much the same as stated above for the Twinway, i.e. overall the trail is in good shape, except for several muddy sections to pick your way through.

C) NORTH TWIN TRAIL: Using the bootleg trail along the east side of the Little River, I avoided the first two water crossings. Although the water level was high from overnight rain, the third crossing was doable but quite tricky. There were no issues with blowdowns on this trail. However, as anyone knows who reads trail condition reports (or personally experienced it) there are segments of this trail that have become a "little river", especially during or following periods of wet weather. Being a trail maintainer myself, I can truly appreciate the challenge it would be to correct this situation.

Last edited: