grafton west side water shortage

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natron

Reaction score
Practically no water between bald campsite and slide campsite plan accordingly until we get decent precip. Sargent campsite last night had, practically no water, I pumped out of 2" deep puddle and this was the most water in a 10 mile section.. water available @ all other sites east and west some of the sites, you have to walk down stream, such as; town corner, stewart.. Amazing seeing all the ample water last month on the west side, and now dry brook beds and streams that were flowing are now trickling..

csprague, also posted about this in maine trail conditions, I didn't see this report until I got home tonight. hope adding this here, might help anyone before they go out..

Yeah we were getting pretty nervous coming down the north side of SR Whitecap. Parched and nearly out of water, we were actually considering skipping dinner (we had Mountain House) to make sure we had at least something to start with the next morning if Slide campsite had none. This was the first time I can remember being so desperate for water. I filled up a pair of 1.5L bottles at Sargent Brook too, so it wasn't like I was being careless!

Also not mentioned, some animal, presumably a rodent, chewed the rings off our Nalgene bottle caps at Slide Mtn. campsite. I should have put the bottles in the bear box! What the heck?? My bottle caps now fall on the ground when I unscrew them, since I haven't adjusted to their current state yet...