Kearsarge North and Carrigain Fire Towers to Close for Repairs

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichaelJ

Reaction score
Starting the week of August 6, 2012 Kearsarge Fire Tower will be undergoing a 2 -3 week maintenance project.
The Carrigain Fire Tower project will start approximately the week of August 27, 2012 and will continue for 1-2 weeks.

The towers will not be open to the public during these times. Dates are approximate and subject to change.

I am assuming it's Kearsarge North, not South, since that's in the Saco Ranger District.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/alerts/whitemountain/alerts-notices/?aid=13445

Well there is always the Mondanock (VT), Milan Hill, Magalloway Mtn and Signal Mtn firetowers on the either side of the forest for those who need their tower fix.

Thanks for that. Carrigain's coming up soon for me and I'd hate to not have the tower open when I get there. And I second peakbagger's recommendation for Vermont Monadnock. It's a great little hike.
-vegematic

That's too bad. That date for Carrigain could spoil the efforts of the Carrigain FOT48 team.

I've seen a photo of a temporary sign at the Signal Ridge Trail explaining the Carrigain Tower repair closure and giving an estimated timeframe of Aug 20-Sep 3.