Double NEHH Finish on Scar Ridge, 10/13/2012

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BIGEarl - I was on North Peak this past August. Where do you start the Scar Ridge hike from there? I looked all over the summit for some sort of opening or herd path. It was a hot and humid day so I gave up but I want o go back. Thanks.

BIGEarl - I was on North Peak this past August. Where do you start the Scar Ridge hike from there? I looked all over the summit for some sort of opening or herd path. It was a hot and humid day so I gave up but I want o go back. Thanks.

Highcomm: If you are walking up the Upper Walking Boss ski trail, just before you reach the top of the ski lift, on the left there are two Black & Yellow "Out of Bounds" signs attached to trees. Just uphill from the upper sign there is a small cairn. This is where the herd path begins. The path is pretty obvious from that point to where Earl, Sue and I started the BW (and probably for some distance beyond).

LarryD

If you take a look at the pictures there are a couple of the cairn. Image #24 shows the upper Out of Bounds sign at the top of the image and the cairn marking the herd path at the bottom of the image. The picture was taken from the top of Upper Walking Boss trail.

Good luck, and enjoy the hike - it's a good one.

If you take a look at the pictures there are a couple of the cairn. Image #24 shows the upper Out of Bounds sign at the top of the image and the cairn marking the herd path at the bottom of the image. The picture was taken from the top of Upper Walking Boss trail.

Good luck, and enjoy the hike - it's a good one.

Thank you Earl and Larry for the info - much appreciated! One more question - how long did it take you to get to the Scar Rodge summit from Loon?

Thank you Earl and Larry for the info - much appreciated! One more question - how long did it take you to get to the Scar Rodge summit from Loon?
According to time information from the pictures, the hike time from the top of Upper Walking Boss to the Scar canister was 2 hours.