Bondcliff via Lincoln Woods, Wilderness, and Bondcliff

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stumblehome88

Reaction score
All trails were in great shape w/ just a dusting of snow. Beyond Black Pond I had the trail to myself. Instead of following hikers' footprints I followed fox, squirrel, moose, mice and more. I wore Hillsounds until around 3000' where drifts started forming along with postholes where others had lost the monorail. Snowshoes were the right choice from then on--especially above the trees where there were several deep drifts. The predicted clouds were over the Presidentials. The Pemi area and Carrigain were totally clear. Sublime views, but with wind. Don't know how strong--my anemometer froze. Cold--around 10. Wore snowshoes to the end of the Bondcliff Tr. then switched to Hillsounds for the death march to the parking lot. There were more signs of traffic the closer I got to the last bridge. A few had gone up Black Pond and more had done the Osseo and then signs of many skiers. But I saw no one the whole day. Now only 4 to go!