Another hiker death

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The victim was Chad Denning, founder of Team AMP, a well known trail runner and race organizer in NH.

That's a kick to the gut, in so many different ways. I'm presuming Dave's right; here's what Chad's been up to for some context. Hate to lose someone from the community. Also, this was a guy in great shape (and dang FAST), sobering for someone else who's moving into the back half of the 30's. I need to go get that exercise stress test scheduled.

In the dark humour department: the media always downgrades runners to "jogger" when something horrible happens. I guess trail runners get converted to "hikers."

Did this happen yesterday?

If so, I saw the helicopter circling the area while doing the Carters and was thinking, looks like another accident/rescue on the trails. Damn shame.

Hitting 56 this October I'm often thinking about stuff like that happening.

There was a helicopter presence in the Pinkham Notch/Northern Presi's over the weekend, commissioned by Dept of Recreation and Economic Development, in partnership with NH State Parks, to capture video footage in celebration of the 50th anniversary of NH State Parks.

Breeze

A fuller account of Chad's life here.

Very, very impressive athlete. Can't predict these sorts of things. Speculation on my part here, but this was probably set in motion before birth (meaning likely some congenital heart issue). On the upside, he had one hell of run for his 39 years. Hell of a run. My best to his friends and family.

Just hit 56. been thinking about stuff like that too!!!

I hit 50 this year and I never think about that stuff. Live everyday, when its time, hopefully you made the most of what you got, no matter how long it was. My best to his family and friends.