Renaming Mt Pierce

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not. Why do you say so?
I don’t think someone whom shot himself in the head makes for the best name for a mountain. Albeit he did have some impressive life time accomplishments.

I don’t think someone whom [sic] shot himself in the head makes for the best name for a mountain. Albeit he did have some impressive life time accomplishments.

I think that most of us have moved on from seeing depression as a sign of weakness and suicide as a sign of moral failing. Just the opposite, Gov. Winant exemplified a moral character and selflessness—placing the public good over his own political standing—missing from so many politicians today. He was the definition of a public servant. Citizens of New Hampshire should be proud of Gov. Winant. If you are going to name a mountain after a public servant is there a deceased New Hampshire citizen more deserving than Gov. Winant?

They're (not me) on Pierce cause he wasn't as well known as Jefferson whom as did Washington have many many slaves period.
Probably figure to start there then go after the next guy. Do like the Chinese did. Erase the history.

+1. I’m expecting paper currency to be next on the list.

I'd like to see MLK, Frederic Douglass, and Booker T. Washington on some bills. But we will probably get the Al Sharpton bill first.

Status
Not open for further replies.