hilton's tent city question

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vtlukekultv

Reaction score
i'm planning on getting a new pack, soon, and none of the store around here have the one i'm looking for. i'm going to be in boston on tuesday, and hilton's website says that they have the pack i'm looking for (an osprey aether 60, because i'm sure you wanted to know). the site also says that they're having a sale until the 20th, and i want to know if they generally have everything listed on their website in stock, and if so, would they hold it for a few days?

luke

Hilton's

i would call them and make sure they had it in stock. They are super nice and have an amazing amount of stuff on 3 floors. Hooter's is just down the street,too.

yes the store is great, the staff fairly knowledgeable (although there is one staffer whom i consider to be my arch-nemesis and he is to be avoided at all costs.)

However, the website is not really their strong point, I would call to be sure.

Hiltons is great. I was there yesterday, azzamattafact. One thing, if you go there during the week, street parking is at a premium. A $50 parking ticket can cut into your savings on the pack. Consider using the T. Hilton's is on Friend St, just across the street from the Orange/Green line North Station stop, as well as Northbound commuter rail.

thanks,
denton fabrics

So, am I getting this right, if I get on the Green Line and ride it all the way to North Station and step outside, I will be able to spot Hilton's?

I might head there during lunch tomorrow, since that beats sitting with my co-workers watching them eat yummy food while I stick to my stupid diet :(

sli74

hiltons is on friend street right across from the Garden..yeah i still call it the garden. i have bought a ton of stuff there. the 99's used to be there too so have some steak tips. im sure they are on your diet. if not put them on it.

sli74 said:
So, am I getting this right, if I get on the Green Line and ride it all the way to North Station and step outside, I will be able to spot Hilton's?

Not quite. If your back is to the Garden there's a Dunkin Donuts on the corner of Friend St. and Causway St. Hilton's is just behind the Dunkin's.

From the T stop walk south (away from the expressway and the north end) to find Friend St. It's maybe 100 yards away.

North Station has at least two entrances/exits since it was renovated and moved underground. If you follow the crowd you'll probably end up on Causeway Street, facing the BigBankHoldingCo Center next to where the Garden used to be [sorry HikerFast, they knocked it down]. Turn left on Causeway, cross Canal St and Friend St is your first left after that. HTC will be a few doors along on the right.

The other entrance I've used leads onto Canal St one block down from Causeway St. (How to tell where you are: Canal St has a bunch of bars, and you'll come out right next to a little Italian sandwich shop.) Cross Canal St and continue straight for one short block on the side street that's right in front of you. Turn right onto Friend St. HTC will be halfway up the block on your left.

i got the pack, found hilton's no problem, but i accidentally got on the E train on the green line, which is apparently the only one that doesn't go through kenmore on the entire green line. damnit. it was all easily fixed though, and i found hilton's to be a funny little store, it's not the kind of place i would expect to find in the middle of boston. definitely some good deals though, especially with 25% off, the aether 60 ended up costing only $156, so i was very happy. i'm looking forward to heading up into northern VT this weekend to break it in.

luke