ADK's this Weekend including Monday

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubba

Reaction score
This is an annual outing in LP for hiking, golf, biking, kayaking, etc. for myself and a group of friends. We rent a house in LP on Mirror Lake and head out for outdoor recreation and adventure each day.

On Saturday, my wife and I are meeting up with Neil, his wife and friends to do Jay Peak. The weather for this looks great - sunny and 62F. Just what you want when you do Jay. I'm really looking forward to this!! (...Audrey, you read that.. w/wife?!?) This was supposed to be my 46th on Marshall, but my hiking partner and fellow aspiring 45/46r has family matters that changed his schedule. Maybe in a week or two... I'm diggin the HH lately so this is very cool anyway.

I read that Mtn Goat was going slide hopping, but may cancel -- thought I had a hike. Anyone else up for doing some hiking -- anything works for me as far as HP's, I'd love to do some slide or HH or whatever. I'm also taking my MtnBike so that can be but on the agenda also. Sun/Mon have 35-40% chance of rain... I'm leaving the kayak home because my Yakima Rack is a piece of crap and I'm not at all happy with how their Customer Service is handling it... (This could be an easy flame...)

If you are going to be up in the area, let me know so, if nothing else, we can get together for beers or grins at the house. Touch base and get my cell number if you're going to be around.

Bubba,
The weather forecast is holding strong for Saturday and Sunday dosn't look so good. What this means is that the High Peaks will be overrun on Sat. but puny little sub-4000 foot mountains like Jay that have no views at all will be unfrequented.

Last edited: