Geocaching hike to Owl's Head

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HockeyPuck

Reaction score
FYI: I noticed the geocaching community is planning a Owl's Head hike for this Saturday the 25th. info on the hike can be found Here .

Those coordinates give the location of a street address in Lincoln, where they are meeting: Topozone. They plan a long (possibly overnight) trip to Owls head.

Following a link got me to this site for the cache OH Cache, which gives the following spot: Topozone.

Now, the interesting thing, in light of the other discussions we've had here, is that it's the location of the southern bump, which they describe as the location of the summit cairn, not the x4025 bump. Presumably they know how to use GPSes.

The cache is an ammo box hidden about 25 feet north of the summit cairn (N44 08.502, W071 36.354) behind a large rock with trees growing on or around it and should be easy to find.

Interesting ...

Last edited:
I Posted the link for 2 reasons. #1: It may be a good opportunity to learn about another hobby (geocaching) while making a hike. #2: it's other people to hike Owl's Head with..

Spencer. I hope you were joking about hijacking the cache.. There have been problems with non-geocachers finding a ammo-box in the woods and leaving a deposit..

I'd hate to climb a trail-less peak to find an abused canister.

Of couse I was joking.

There is a letterbox right around the corner from my house that I visit sometimes to see what new stamps have shown up. Just b/c I don't participate doesn't mean it isn't interesting...

by the way, I said, "hijack the trip"

spencer