11-4-05 Abraham in the AM

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grasshopper

Reaction score
Lincoln Gap is "closed" but there is only a bit of wet snow at very crest and in the parking lot.The night was clear and cold with a strong nw wind.We set off at first light while trail was hard and frozen.the sun was soon out and the thin snow was soon melting.From the shelter on up there was one or two ft. of snow except on open rock.We carried crampons but they were not needed and trail was so well packed that snowshoes would be overkill.The summit was bare with good views and a very strong wind.We put on full winter gear and ate breakfast and hung out for over an hour.Mrs. Grasshopper says this is a very nice mt.great views and way less mud than ADK's.Last time I was on Abe I was trail running from kilington to mansfield in the fog and mist so I enjoyed the views and slower pace.

The night comes so quiet and it's close on the heels of the day.
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings. (GD)

I like Abe, too. Its a nice little outcrop with a cool view. Its neat being able to see Champlain and the Adirondacks and just turning your head and seeing the Whites.
Its an easy climb and like many Vermont peaks, getting to the trailhead is part of the adventure.