20/20 Vision Quest

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today they did Madison, Adams, Jefferson, and right now at this very moment are atop Washington.

Randy is absolutely amazing. Quinn, too.

What a day that must have been for them. Looks like after they summited Madison they took Star Lake, but turned around and picked up Airline? I wonder if they didn't like the conditions that direction or thought they might have been descending via Buttress? Or maybe just a stop at the lake? I can only imagine how that decision must have been made without sight. Looks like they're around Gem Pool right now.

Randy is a truly inspirational individual. I did Liberty and Flume, and Isolation with him, and got to lead Isolation for him from about the camp site to the summit. It was an honor.

Tim

We had the pleasure of meeting Randy Pierce on Jefferson today. Extremely nice fellow. Enjoyed meeting his support team, too. They were all doing fine and enjoying the day, which certainly felt much warmer and a lot less windy than we expected, given the forecast.

Randy is a wonderful human being and he and Quinn are a celebration of the joy and connection that can be shared between human and animal. I am particularly touched by Randy and Quinn's quest not only as an animal lover, but also as one who has been profoundly grateful for the impact that Guide dogs have on the lives of the blind and thier families. Randy and Quinn are an absolute inspiration and the love, friendship, teamwork and comradery they share with eachother and everyone they meet will echo in these mountains for sometime to come.

I met Randy, Quinn and support crew on the Tripyramids in January. Randy and Quinn were just amazing to watch as they worked together to navigate the trail. It certainly made my companions and I more thankful for the blessing of eyesight!

The bagged the Wildcats on Wednesday and now are down to just one - Cannon tomorrow. We're currently hoping to be there to cheer them on at the top. Anyone else planning to be there?