#40!! I don't know which Bond is best!! 4/29-4/30/06

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gris said:
Did you say you built a fire on the Bondlciff trail...? :(

We were AT LEAST 200 ft. off the side of the trail, in our own primative backcountry site. So no, we didn't have a fire ON the Bondcliff Tr.

And by fire I mean, SMALL fire...

Last edited:
I think he means because it is the Pemi Wilderness and no fires are allowed in the official Wilderness areas but as I stated before and I would have to double check my map tonight, that spot you camped at falls outside of the Wilderness boundries, I might be wrong here so please don't jump down my throat until I can confirm it with my maps tonight.

sli74

Hi, I think Seema has the same misunderstanding as me. I thought no fires were allowed in so-called Wilderness areas. My impression was based upon the fact that no fires are allowed in the Great Gulf. [Clearly, the BC trail is deep within the Pemi "Wilderness."] It may be that it is a case-by-case basis whether fires are allowed within a given wilderness area. I'm sure that TDawg knows a lot more than me - a flatlander - about it. Apparently, it's Ok in the Pemi but not GG. :confused:

Edit - where's DougPaul when ya need him? :D

I appologize if it seemed I was jumping down people's throats, it wasnt my intent.

Also, FYI, I consulted the White Mountain guide (page 155) and fires are allowed in the Pemi. You just need to be 200 ft. from the trail in my case. There are a few other camping regulations as well relating to distances from the east branch, other huts, campsites, or specific trails. Fires are, of course, the exception not the rule, but I enjoy them. :eek:

And Gris, you are correct that fires are prohibited in the Great Gulf.

Good Day!! :)

Always there when we need ya....good site, spent like 10 minutes earlier lookin for that...thanks Doug

Last edited: