5-16-08 Ice Cave Mountain (Western ADK)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Head

Reaction score
Parked at the far end of N Lake and walked the woods road to the crossing at Ice Cave Brook. The bushwhack starts here, as the west side of the stream is flagged and has a definative path to the Ice Cave. The stream HEADs north for awhile and then goes due north until the summit ridge is reached. At this time I took a left and went SW and ran directly into the Ice Cave crevace. Its pretty deep (almost 100') and still with a ton of ice and snow at the bottom. I then skirted the cave on the S side to some newly established climbing routes and scoped them out. 40-50' cliffs and about 5 or 6 routes exist here as well and worth the effort to get down to this point as there is a house sized boulder balancing on the top of the cliffs...pretty cool stuff. Took me about 2 hrs round trip. Heres a few pics of the trip: North Lake (NE Shoreline) , From Campsite , Another campsite shot , Ice Cave Crevase , Lenthwise panoramic of the Ice Cave , House sized boulder on cliff edge , New rock climbing routes

Last edited: