5/28-5/31 White Mountains Memorial Day Hiking

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bignslow

Reaction score
Nicole and I will be camping in the Lincoln/Kanc area and looking to do some hikes.

If anyone is interested in doing some car spots for some one-way hikes please let me know.

Hikes remaining (* = car spot):
*Zealand through Bonds traverse
*Galehead through twins traverse
Isolation
Owl's Head

It seems like the Bonds are still quite snowy so that trip might better be left for later.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike, I might be headed up to the whites later on in the summer, I need Owlie and Isolation in your list... Maybe we could meet up then. I also like to do the Wildcats-Moriah traverse, maybe as a 1 night backpack...

Not sure on dates but was originally trying for mem day but that didn't work out....

Jay

What day were you planning on the Zealand/Bonds hike?

I'll be in the Lincoln area on Friday.

Jen

What day were you planning on the Zealand/Bonds hike?

I'll be in the Lincoln area on Friday.

Jen

We were thinking of doing that on Saturday as we'll be arriving from southern NH on Friday morning.

Right now I'm considering changing from a traverse north to south to a traverse from Galehead (with an overnight at the hut) on Friday hiking out via the Bonds on Saturday

Mike, I might be headed up to the whites later on in the summer, I need Owlie and Isolation in your list... Maybe we could meet up then. I also like to do the Wildcats-Moriah traverse, maybe as a 1 night backpack...

Not sure on dates but was originally trying for mem day but that didn't work out....

Jay

We're doing a hut based prezzie traverse over July 4th, then one of our friends is renting a cabin in Lincoln 7/10-7/16. Keep me in the loop for your plans (though I doubt I could keep up with you).

Mike

Last edited:
Are planning on leaving your car at Lincoln Woods on Friday and would you start your hike Friday or Saturday? I could pick you up from Lincoln woods on Friday early evening and drop you either at Galehead TH or a motel. I am hiking Friday and not sure what time I'll be done. Let me know if that would work for you.

Jen

Hey, no big deal, I get slower as I age. I'm aging now as I speak. :)

Actually, a backpack of the Wildcats-Moriah shouldn't need to be that rushed anyway, it can be done in a day...

Jay

Hiking Osceola tomorrow in the late afternoon from Tripoli road. Should be at the trailhead about 3:30