A bit Early but.........Cheap Ice Axe!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few of us here recently bought their Bull Dogs and Venoms due to a thread just like this ! Thanks for pointing it out.
It's a good company to order through, very helpful there if you have any questions.

...They are a pretty good company. I also picked up a set of tools during the tail end of winter so I haven't had a chance to try them out. But heck, for the price I might pick up a back up for my BD Raven.

...You can almost afford to lose one at that price! :eek:

Awesome thread! Thanks for the tip.

I already have a Raven Pro, but my girlfriend's taking advantage of this sale to purchase her first mountaineering axe. Chicks with Picks, man it sounds sexy! :p It will help her out for our trip to Nepal!

EDIT: By the way, I forgot to mention that they will ship to canada, however they can only process US credit cards. So as long as you can find a way to pay them if you don't have a US credit card, they'll ship to canada. I'm sending them a money order.

Fish

Last edited:
As I heard someone say once:
"winter doesn't go away, it just gets farther away"

NEVER too early to talk about some ice.

Hi All,
I'm very dissapointed. I just received the ice axe and it looks awesome, the price was right. However, shipping made the deal a bit less sweet, although it was still a good purchase. I spoke to JT over there and he assured me there was no problem in declaring the package as a "gift" (I confirmed this with him twice), otherwise I'd get creamed with duty fees. So, I got the ice axe and it wasn't declared as a gift. So now, a 22$ ice axe will probably end up costing me 70+$ (20$ shipping and ~30$ duty fees).

I'm emailing them to see if there's anything they can do...

Fish