A couple of other rescues - Far less dramatic

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:
Pretty much every weekend there are multiple snowmachine accidents. The number of novice riders, particularly in the guided groups, is significant. When traveling at higher speeds, the margin of error is quite small. I have to constantly remind myself to slow down because of that small margin for error. I note that the current trail conditions are horrible. Dirt everywhere, including far north. Trails in the higher elevations are decent. The Presi rail trail is not in good shape, particularly the open, windswept areas. This season has pretty much been a bust for snowmobilers. That just means switching to more XC skiing and hiking, though XC hasn't been great either given the lack of snow.

Sledding injury... What goes around comes around.

I always see families sledding down the Eisenhower Park hill off 302 in Bretton Woods and wonder if anyone gets going too fast there.

Wait until it rains next week….conditions should be real interesting.

I always see families sledding down the Eisenhower Park hill off 302 in Bretton Woods and wonder if anyone gets going too fast there.
I parked there on Monday to enjoy some ski touring with my season pass on the xc trail system just behind. I was humored that it looked like some made a whole day of it there with the kids. A guy was hanging in the bed of his truck watching the kids and setting in a camp chair surrounded by comfort items.
I couldn't get enough thrills on my skis when I came off the trails, so started towards the Eisenhower hill. It looked way too packed, and I imagined the only result would be demonstrating how to fracture my leg in front of the family from NY who was sledding. I sat in my car and had a cup of hot cocoa instead.