A Lifetime Of Hiking....In One Week

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He looks like he is about to cry in that first picture and that is probably how I would feel after the first 10 hours.

An impressive feat no doubt. But, exactly what is the purpose? Is it fame (however fleeting), clicks, etc? I doubt it is just for personal reasons or else it would not be publicized. I just don't get it.:confused:

Honestly I think it's just for fun. If you have a special skill, at a very high level, you want to go out and use it. My dog is fast; he loves to race by us on the trail; I think he is just having fun with his special skill.

Many times, as in this case, the special skill does not make any money (unlike if your special skill was in finance, or football, or entrepreneurialism of some sort). So if you want to play your game, you need sponsors, so you can get equipment, food, lodging, etc.

I think that's all it is. He just loves to go fast, and has found a way to play his game and still keep a roof over his head.

An impressive feat no doubt. But, exactly what is the purpose? Is it fame (however fleeting), clicks, etc? I doubt it is just for personal reasons or else it would not be publicized. I just don't get it.:confused:
Jornet got into a ski school for kids a year early, because he had such natural talent. He found he loved the mountains, and loved training, and had a natural talent for trail running.

He is sponsored by Coros, GoPro, and Maurten, and he co-owns a start up running shoe company, NNormal. (Before that, he was sponsored by Nike).

There is a place for people for seek to see what the human body can do.