Acadia on Memorial Day weekend?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gator

Reaction score
Is it absurdly busy during that weekend?

What about bugs?

Busy enough to be worth reserving a campsite in advance.

The black flies are typically just coming out. May not yet know how to bite. (This info is from 30yrs ago. It is possible that they have moved their schedule up in response to global warming...)

Doug

Acadia is deadly silent until the end of June when school is out for the summer. Every time i have gone there before july, the campsites at seawall have only been about 10 % full. No real need to reserve a tentsite, just make sure that there is a campground that will be open at that time. My favorite hike there was an unusually warm may day where i hiked in the morning and then had sand beach almost to myself, minus about 20 other people for the rest of the day.

I'll be there with the girlfriend May 6-8. I can give you an intelligence report about crowds, though the holiday weekend will likely be different.

Where will you be camping? They've been doing construction at Blackwoods during the offseason and it's scheduled to reopen on May 1st, for what it's worth.