Adirondack 100 Highest

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rivet said:
Text shouldn't be underlined unless it's a link to something else. At least that's what I was taught about web design years ago.
There's a few typos as well. Also, no matter how large I size the screen, there are always scroll bars. I'll send PM...

thanks for the pointers. we'll try to get them fixed.
as for pictures , any will do, some mts. are views from the mts, and others are of the mt. itself. depending on what we had available.
we would like to add a few more from you.
the underlining was mentioned before, we'll have to change that.

any pics email to me - [email protected]

if you see anything else that needs fixing just mention it to us.
hard to find everything

Peakbagr said:
Tim's comments are heartfelt, but I believe when he and Nick are up in the 90's, a way will be found to get the boys there. Count on it.

Get cracking then, It won't too long :D

Summitpost, I'm impressed.... That site is a great info site.

There is a guy that lives in Nevada now that posts alot on summitpost. His handle is something like Moapeak, or something like that. He lived in Lake Placid in the 1970's, and has a wealth of knowledge about alot of the HH that I have mentioned. I asked him if he finished, and he said that he really didn't keep track, that he just enjoyed all that hiking. He has done the sentinels, sawtooths, and wallface. So I suspect that he may be a closet finisher. He has some intesting takes on the balsam thickets, and really knows his stuff.

While continuing to say that lists “inform but do not rule” my hiking, I must applaud the guys who put this ADK 100 thing together. Lots of effort in evidence. The sensitivity to private property and trespass issues is especially commendable.

As already has been mentioned, the HH idea is consistent with long-term efforts to encourage the dispersion of hiking activity across a wider expanse of the Adirondack region. That’s a real plus, although it also suggests we may see some changes in once little-visited areas.

Anyway, being a big time information fan, I welcome the new web site. Thanks for sharing your experiences and knowledge, guys.

G.

Grumpy said:
That’s a real plus, although it also suggests we may see some changes in once little-visited areas.
Ahh ... there's the rub.

We only SEE the changes if we go there and if we go there we are part of making the changes.

Rik said:
We only SEE the changes if we go there and if we go there we are part of making the changes.

At one time this was true, but it is becomming less and less the case. In an extreme sense we can understand this when we see a newer clearcut on google earth. Equally possible is a view of a remote peak from a nearby summit or a picture from another visiter.

In general, I completely agree with your message.

We'd be interested in posting some of the replies on the site. The testimonials, of course. :eek:

Anyone who feels its OK, please send a PM and let us know if we can use your name, screen name, or no attribution. Of course, nothing goes there unless you specifically grant permission.

Thinking ahead, no quotable posts like: "bushwacker is a geek", "Spencer hikes like a bulldozer", or "Peakbagr is a dork". ;)

finishers

This look's like a fun site,I'm gettin over there for sure .....I'm guessin Tom Sawyer must be a finisher since he has done the 770....MJ

I know of only 4 770 finishers, Sue Eilers, John Swanson, Dennis Crispo, and Eric Schlimmer.

Peakbagr said:
We'd be interested in posting some of the replies on the site. The testimonials, of course. :eek:

Anyone who feels its OK, please send a PM and let us know if we can use your name, screen name, or no attribution. Of course, nothing goes there unless you specifically grant permission.

Thinking ahead, no quotable posts like: "bushwacker is a geek", "Spencer hikes like a bulldozer", or "Peakbagr is a dork". ;)
You need your own Forums! :eek: :D

spongebob said:
That is a fun website. And Bushwacker is a good dude, Spencer......well that is another story.

I think it will definitely increase traffic to these mountains, but not dramatically. The private property issue I think is one of the more important parts to stress in some of the research I've done for routes for doing some off trail hikes in the Adirondacks.

As an example; I kind of like the New Hampshire 100 highest low key approach, since I like to do my own thing. Doesn't mean both ways are not acceptable. It looks to me there was a thoughtful consideration put into the design and concept.

I read Tim's forum about the Adriondacks now and again, and from what I see there are two sides with the issue of possible increased hiking the ADK100. Of course all that talk about the ADK100 raises the profile on the subject. Which I am adding to right now. :)

List or no list no big deal to me, as long as you are outside enjoying yourself in your own way....And you stay the heck away from me and my fish.

After all of this, I say it is a nice site by a couple of good people. (excluding Spencer)

Thanks alot Sponge, I just took you off my Christmas card list. :D

I'm been back and forth in-touch with Tom Sawyer. He and Diane and starting to draw close, but haven't finished them yet.

Til we talked, I thought he was a finisher as well.

Alan

Right on! Sweet site! I'll be checkin in over there quite a bit I'm sure (40 to go! :eek: )