Adirondack summer gathering--BBQ

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ed,

If you have room could you please bring your portable garage? Because I heard it is suspose to be 20 Below:D

Mavs,

Your children are more than welcome. We also have an 11 year old. They'll keep each other busy. We also have a pool if they're interested.

Peak_bgr,

I'm traveling light this time. No Warming Tent and no Hot Spiced Wine. Just cold beer and a few steaks for the grill. We are planing a longer stay when we come up. On Monday we plan on heading over to Sharp Bridge and stay the week. Get some extra climbing in and play tourist in the area.

Ed

Pete,

Before this gathering, do me a favor and stay off Giant. It would be nice to see you again!

Ed

Sherpa-- sorry to here it. But I do see your arguement, it's a very good one. Also, don't worry I'm sure someone will eat you share of the watermelon.

Last edited:
I AM NEW TO THIS SITE BUT I HAVE 11 WONDERFUL YEARS OF HIKING IN THE 'DACKS. I HAVE CLIMBED 44 OF THEM, LEAVING WHITEFACE & ESTER FOR A NICE BABYBACK RIB DINNER (ON TOP)
WHEN I COMPLETE THE 111 IF THEY STILL CALL IT THAT.
IT WOULD BE MY PLEASURE & HONOR TO ACCEPT YOUR INVITE.I WILL TELL MY BROTHER (BUNCHBERRY)&HE WILL MOST
LIKELY BE PLEASED TO COME.
CANT WAIT TO MEET YOU ALL!!!!

HAPPY HIKING

I'LL BE AT MARCY DAM THIS WEEKEND (MEM DAY)

:D :D

Last edited:
Put me on the YES list

I'm planning to come. Looking forward to it!

I've got two or three peaks I want to hike that weekend:

--Rocky Ridge
--Haystack
--Sawteeth

Spiked watermelon sounds wonderful!

Crazymama said:

I've got two or three peaks I want to hike that weekend:

--Rocky Ridge
--Haystack
--Sawteeth

We will have finished our 46 by then (finishing on Haystack), but we'd be interested in joining you for RPR as a 'do-over' provided the weather is good (that's the reason for the do-over - we were robbed of views last time.)

Dick & Joanne

Any other ideas for hikes for that weekend. I realize it's early to be kicking it around, and plans change; but what the heck.

I was thinking about a bushwhack, if anyones interested. Maybe one of the 100 highest, or a bushwhack up one of the 46. Hey, how about a bushwhack up RPR; via Slide Brook?

I will be joining Crazymamma for Haystack that weekend. I was also thinking about firetower mountains since I am doing that challenge but I would be interested in a slide hike.

Also, if anyone is interested in hiking the Seward range during the week after the get together pm me. I am looking for hiking partners for these mountains.

Well, in winter I had something with a view (Whiteface) and something without (Nye), so I'm pretty flexible as to where we go, though I think someplace that's unusual or atypical would be fun.

It is not often we can get groups to spot cars. This makes the complete Rocky Ridge traverse very tempting. I did it in the past without a car and it can be a long walk back. What do you think? Best ridge walk in the Daks........

I would suggest spotting a car off Route 9 and hike in at Roaring Brook. If the weather is good then hit the Eagle to get Giant and hike out the ridge over Rocky Peak. Anyone interested???????

It is not often we can get groups to spot cars. This makes the complete Rocky Ridge traverse very tempting...
Anyone interested???????

As I mentioned above, we'd be interested in doing it.

Mavs: I'm crazy but not THAT crazy! :) :)

Rhihn, peak_bgr, ADK4487: I am game to do Rocky Peak Ridge however you want to do it. Whether its a bushwhack, or a ridge traverse with cars spotted. I am VERY flexible. I'm thrilled that I will have some company.

Daxs: Glad you want to do Haystack with me!

I'm looking forward to warmer weather this time around.

Two suggestions:
1. Jay Range - the "real" Jay summit or its neighbor, Saddleback.
2. On the Rocky Peak Ridge bushwack, I've had my eye on the long ridge up from the south from the direction of Noble mountain for quite some time. A few folks that have done it said its a great route up RPR.

Peakbagr

Brian and I have climbed Noble and the bushwhack is very open to that point with alot of open rock on the steep side, almost like climbing a slide.

When we were on the ledges a fighter jet flew below us over Rte73. We were looking down on the cockpit. Pretty cool. I'm game, for either, or all.

bbq

i printed out your invite and stuck on my calendar at work. i would like to come & hope my hiking partner will join me. it would be great to meet everyone and put a face and a pulse to all the web personalities i've chatted with and learned from. you must have a lot of room as it sounds like quite few folks show up! any music lovers, my partner has taught himself to play guitar so he loves to "jam" with others. i'll watch as we get closer to the date for more details and if i come, what i need to bring & what i can do to help.
thanx