ADK Dix Range

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ski_adk

Reaction score
It looks like the club is doing a hike to Macomb, S. Dix, Hough, & Dix. I don't have my topo around and was wondering what to expect, how much water to bring, and how much climbing there will be after the initial ascent. Basically, I just want to make sure I don't get in over my head and hold the group back. I've done long strenuous hikes before, am in decent enough shape and well-equipped. It's just that I've always been quite leisurely about it. Thanks for the help!

Ski_adk

Dix Range Hike

If you are unsure about your readiness for this hike, talk to the Leader. But, that said, it sounds like a long and brisk paced hike, with alot of elevation change. You should be in rather good shape with outstanding endurance. There is no water between Macomb and Dix that can be relied upon, you will need at least 2-3 litre. Water can be gotten on the way up Macomb (stream before the slide), and on the way down Dix (on the slide you will see to the right, from the trail- water collects in small pools).
Good luck:)