ADK High Peaks after the BBQ?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SherpaKroto

Reaction score
No Reading, MA Avatar: Crater Rim, Mt Rainier, 8/4
I will be hanging around after Peak_Bgr and Hiatis's most awesome BBQ weekend to climb a few more High Peaks in my 46er quest. Guinness (apparently my new slave driver:) has outlined a rough itinerary for me, which depending on who joins me, may or may not be followed closely. (One thought that has been mentioned is to head into the Sewards). LindaLu will also be joining me for much of this trip, and we certainly welcome anyone else who is interested to join in.

Note: it is best to eMail me directly at [email protected] as my PM box has been full lately...

Guinness's link to SherpaPalooza 2005 (creative, isn't he?).

SherpaKroto said:
I will be hanging around after Peak_Bgr and Hiatis's most awesome BBQ weekend to climb a few more High Peaks in my 46er quest. Guinness (apparently my new slave driver:) has outlined a rough itinerary for me, which depending on who joins me, may or may not be followed closely. (One thought that has been mentioned is to head into the Sewards). LindaLu will also be joining me for much of this trip, and we certainly welcome anyone else who is interested to join in.

Note: it is best to eMail me directly at [email protected] as my PM box has been full lately...

Guinness's link to SherpaPalooza 2005 (creative, isn't he?).

Wow, that's a lot of hiking! But considering what you did last year, no problem! :D

My plan for the Gathering weekend is a long hike Saturday, and maybe a shorter hike Sunday. I'm not interested in Giant/Rocky Peak on Saturday, since I just did 'em a month ago, but Big Slide on Sunday might just be right up my alley.

Unfortunately, I have to return to the grind Monday and Tuesday, but I'll be right back up in the ADKs again Wednesday the 24th, until Sunday the 28th.
Part of that time will be w/ my sister and her family in Schroon Lake, so it won't be peakbagging on all 5 days. Maybe 3 or 4 days though. :D

Matt

Hikes after the BBQ

I am unable to make the BBQ, but I'm going up to finish the 46 later the following week. My plan is to do the Santanonis on Wednesday the 24th, Seward (just Seward) on Thursday the 25th (or Friday, depending on how things go on Wednesday), and then finish up on Whiteface on Saturday the 27th. If anyone is so inclined, please feel free to join us. I'll be the exhausted middle aged woman with a red day pack and a big smile.

I'm having a tough time getting off for the BBQ, but it's possible that I'll be there on the 22nd and 23rd. I've no intrest in Blake again, but perhaps I could lounge on Colvin while you guys bang it out and then finish out with Nippletop. Actually, I may want to take the kids up Nip slide (if it's nice).

I'll let you know. Still fighing to get up for the BBQ (wife and kids will be there).