ADK hiker found after 3 weeks?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike46r

Reaction score
I saw this on Newsday today. Does anyone know anything about this?

RAY BROOK, N.Y. (AP) _ A hiker missing for nearly three weeks in the Adirondacks has been found.

State Police said the hiker, who was not identified, was found in a ditch near a golf course outside Ray Brook and was taken to the Adirondack Medical Center in Saranac Lake early Wednesday.

Police told the Adirondack Daily Enterprise the hiker, from Hawthorne, got lost and ran out of food. Authorities added that he has hiked the area before

I'm sure it's more likely -THIS STORY-. He may have initially told police he was a hiker, but I personally am doubtful that he spent the last 3 weeks in the woods without food, aid or shelter. More likely he was "lost" on the fringes of civilization as much as anything.

Media probably ran with the -INITIAL STORY- before all the facts have come in. It's obviously referencing the same guy as Hawthorne and Mt. Pleasant are next to each other in Westchester County.

The whole story will soon come out and If I were a betting man, I'd say it's likely other facts that will significant change the story will come out.

Last edited: