ADK on Feb. 12th

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motabobo

Reaction score
Hello there !

Just looking for partners for one or many of those summits this sunday. (I'll be sleeping near the trailhead saturday night so starting very early is not an issue) :

-Santanoni Peak
-Panther Peak
-Mt Macomb
-Hough Peak
-Seward Mtn
-Allen Mtn
-Mt Donaldson
-Seymour Mtn
-Mt Emmons
-Couchsachraga Peak

Any takers ? I'll be alone.
Thanks

P.S If you are hiking there Saturday, please drop a note as this will help me decide which summit to do (an open trail always help !).

Last edited:
Hight Peaks....Sunday

Hi Motabobo, :)

Junior and me We need Seymour, Dix & Marshall for Sunday. :cool:

Seymour is on the both list!!!! ;)

If You have interests???

Pinpin Junior. ;)

ADK hiking 12th Feb.

Bonjour Motabobo!
Just to give Pinpin competition, may I suggest Allen or Marshall, though the latter is not on your list.
I had initially planned to do Marshall on 12th Feb., but so far I have no commited takers (only a conditional yes from Pinpin- Seymour is his priority); so that if interested I would love to bag Allen with you. Otherwise I will stick with my original plan and do Marshall solo.
On 11th Feb. I plan to do Basin & Saddleback. See corresponding threads.
Au plaisir,
Pierre

PINPIN JUNIOR said:
Junior and me We need Seymour, Dix & Marshall for Sunday. :cool:
What would be your precise schedule on sunday ?
Oncoman said:
I suggest Allen or Marshall
I need those two as well, but unfortunately I have to wait for somebody to do them :( I may be up for Allen but I'd like Seymour first too ! I'd let you know my plans.
Thanks

I'm planning on Allen on Saturday 2/11/06, I already have all the others or plans to do them a little later this winter. I know you said Sunday & that might be a possibility but Saturday is my better day???????

Hi Shin!
Cannot do Allen on Sat. since I am already committed to do Basin & Saddleback on that day.
Pierre

I might actually be available on Saturday as well. I just need to ask my boss at home...

Sunday plan!!

Hi Motaboto,

I will know the priority just after I will receive the Bob plan for saturday, I hope to know this thing tomorrow.

If Bob will come this weekend He needs Seymour but not Dix and Marshall.

Whitout Bob Seymour or Marshall sunday and the other Monday and keep Dix for later this week Feb. 12 to 18.

If We gofor Seymour your hour will be our hour.

Take care.

Pinpin Junior.

If You will be a free day weekend....

Hi Motabobo.

If You will be able to hike Saturday.....We have a great interest for a pratice in Santanoni Range....!!!!???

Early start and 3 peaks in your pocket...

Maybe other warriors with Us? :D

????

Pinpin Junior.

Like I said I am planning on Allen Saturday but might be talked into the Santanoni's that day. I'm sure that I can not keep up w/ Pinpin or Junior & I am scheduled to do the Santanoni's later this month w/ Tom's group but you never know. Like Motabobo I have clearence from the boss to hike on Saturday so that is my day. I will keep an eye on this & see where it goes.

Shin

You got me scared shin murnane, I fear not to be able to keep up with Pinpin or Junior too...thanks for reminding me :mad:

Anyway, if I give you guys some cookies, can I still join you ? You don't have to wait for me ;)

I'll know later today if I'm free Saturday. If I am, I have great interest in the Santanoni Range. The more we are, the easiest it'll be.

Pete_Hickey said:
Try carots for Bitbit.
Thanks for the advice. ;)

I'll be most likely free on Saturday. Santanoni Range sounds like a good plan especially if Seymour is planned on sunday. That means we could, or at least I will, stay Saturday night at the Ward Brook Lean-to or Blueberry Lean-to. I may even push to those lean-tos from friday night !

Anyone knows if bear canisters are mandatory at that time of the year ? I saw bear tracks last week-end and I don't have a canister yet....

Let me know.
Thanks

Bear canister....

Hi Motabobo, :)

For your information the rule bear canister date is in the Hight Peak between first april and November 30.

But usualy around lean-tos, a couple of animals (squirrel, pine marten, mouse, porcupine, crow...) considere it is a free grocery store....You need to protect your food by suspension or reisitant canister. :cool:

Usualy the rabbit is not a trouble maker ;) but in a canoe trip in the north of Quebec I have a friend He loosed his leather hat eating by a smath rabbit, but afer investigation with a big spot We are sure it was not Pinpin..... :D

Have a great day.

Pinpin Junior. :rolleyes:

I just realised I mixed up two mountain ranges...sorry. Anyway Santanonis is all good with me :D

shin murnane said:
What are your plans for Saturday? Santanoni's or something else?
Anything that is on my list really, I'm open to suggestion. I'll be leaving friday after work to sleep near the trailhead so the sooner we've got something planned, the better.
Anyone up for some winter camping saturday ??
Thanks

Motabobo

Allen was my original plan for Saturday! There is a large group that I am scheduled to do the Santanoni's with on Saturday 2/25, so my real goal this weekend is Allen. Not that I can't be talked into the Santanoni's. Let me know your plans.

Shin

So I guess Allen it'll be. My only concern is that the trail is not likely to be opened. I'm leaving after work tonight to sleep near the trailhead to get an early start ? What time would you like to start ? Any plans for sunday ?

Motabobo

I am planning on being @ the trailhead around 6:30 AM. I will be driving up from Syracuse in the morning so I might be 5 or 10 minutes early or late. It is always nice to have company, looking forward to meeting you.

Shin