Alaska Range

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Excellent shots. Cant wait to read your report. Looks like you guys had a good trip out!

Wow!! Awesome Pics - Thanks for the opportunity to view them. My buddy Andy just got back from Denali last week. He and his 3 partners got turned back from the summit by weather, but he was up there for 3 weeks on his attempt. I can't wait to see his pics either.

Rick;

There was about a 1 week period where nobody summitted about a week ago, teams were stuck at 17 for 5-7 days because of high winds and storms. A group came back in to AMS while we were packing up to leave for the mountains and they looked pretty beat up and releived to be off the mountain. On the shuttle ride back to Anchorage we met a Japanese team who suffered the same fate. It's all about the weather on Denali and most of the time the weather is bad. People who wait out a Denali storm and don't make it to the top deserve as much respect as those who summit in good weather!

beautiful pics! alaska is a gorgeous state. awesome you got to get on the glacier. (p.s. nice camp toilet)
:D

I thought the Alaska Range was more awe inspiring than the Alps. Although the Alps are more beautiful with the lush green valleys surrounded by snowy peaks, the sheer size and ruggedness of the Alaska Range makes the Alps seem like a bunch of little hills. I can only imagine what the Himalaya must be like!