The Willeys 8.1.23

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomcat32

Reaction score
My first 4000 foot summit in NH was July 14th 1999. That was Moosilauke on my AT thru hike. I knew nothing of the 4000 footers and had no intention of hiking them. I lived in PA at the time. Now living ion ME 10 years later I backpacked in NH completing the Cohos Trail combined with aNorthern Presi added to it. After a few mor trips in the Whites By 2014 I left the Northeast at 32 peaks and no intention of finishing. By 2022 I was back in the Northeast and brought my total to 43- I actually hit 42 in just 5 trips
Now at 43 peaks I actually wanted to finish the list.
Last week I hit the final five peaks. First on the list the Willey Range
I hadn’t heard much about the Willeys and didn’t have great expectations There was better views than I expected. I also hit Avalon and the waterfalls on the Cascade Loop which helped the overall hike. After 600 or so miles in the Whites This was the first hike I have done specifically for a day hike to work on the NH48
As a bonus I got the air show from the A 10s in Crawford Notch at the start of the hike.
For anyone interested the pics and full trip report are available at my website at the link. The Willey Range