And then there were two...

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinooktrail

Reaction score
At long last Geneva has hiked to a new summit for her. Leaving her only 2 on the NH48 list left.

We hiked with a wonderful friend up to Isolation today. It should have been with many friends, but for some reason we were late to get started. :rolleyes:

Isolation seemed to be the place to be today, I actually lost count of the number of people we encountered. We briefly ran into the all-star crew we should have been hiking with just before the summit spur. We did get to say hello and get some hugs and Geneva got some nice compliments and some 'atta girls'!

She did a great job today, mostly staying between us while hiking due the the number of people on the trail I think. There were also a fair amount of doggies on the trail for her to meet and romp with for a few minutes.

The trail overall was in really great shape. One of the river crossings was easily avoided but a short walk through the woods. The rest had decent snow bridges.

Even though the summit was actually fairly calm, almost no wind while we were there, we didn't spend too much time up there. Daylight was burning and were all hungry and wanted to get to a more protected area to have our snacks.

We actually made it back to the car without needing a headlamp, and I know the 2 humans were pretty tired, and I was fairly sure Geneva was pretty pooped out by the end of the hike as well.

A great day to be out there, and so glad Geneva got to get to a new peak for her!

It was great to see you guys - I'm glad Geneva got her peak. We thought for sure we'd see you again. We even tested the theory...let's just say, we thought if you had taken the bushwhack back, you'd actually be ahead of us!!!

Hopefully we actually hike together next time :)

we flipped a coin and took the trail back. Not sure if it was faster or not. We thought we would run into the um, two large groups of hikers at the bushwhack! (since they wouldn't have had more than ten in a group there must have been more than one and they just hiked at the same pace I think! ) :)

We stopped at the junction and ate too, we were all hungry.
And I know Nate and I were getting tired on the way down! We both were surprised how much steeper it seemed on the way down than on the way up... I was happy to see it actually, even though it hurt, it made me feel a smidge less out of shape from all the wheezing on the way up!

Next time we will actually hike with all of you rock stars!

;)

Darn those overnight guests who sleep in and don't go on the hike!