anyone done Cannon Mtn lately

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bintrepidhiker

Reaction score
Was thinking of doing a hike up Cannon this Friday (6/9) and was wondering if anyone has been there of late so i have an idea what to expect for trail conditions. I'll either do Hi-Cannon or Kinsmen Ridge trail, whichever is in better condition for hiking at the moment. Any input would be appreciated, thanks! :D

You might have already check the trail conditions page but here is the most recent post on conditions on Canon. It is a couple of weeks ago, but still worth a look, maybe.

sli74

Trail: Canon, via Lonesome Lake, Kinsmen, Cannon
Date Hiked: May 19 2006

Conditions: Trail good to lonesome lake, with a bit of mud near the lake. North side of the lake a bit wet and flooded. Kinsmen trail wet with some short ice patches above the junction. weekend. Dodge cutoff had a couple blowdowns that were easy to get past.

Special Required Equipment: water/wind proof shell and boots, poles

Comments: Looks like it got a couple inches of snow over up top the

Submitted by: Dreamstream

I did Cannon on 5/28 via the Hi-Cannon Trail.
The trail was in good condition, just a little bit of mud in a few spots (mostly near the top). A couple of small blowdowns.

^MtnMike^

Based on yesterdays hike in So. NH, I'd expect allot of muddy and wet conditions. There is more rain predicted for this week, so I am sure it will stay pretty wet and muddy, if it rains up north. I was a little surprised (really should not have been) at the amount of flowing water and mud on the trail, since it had stopped raining some 24 hours prior........Then again all it has done has rained lately. Might want to check trail conditions later in the week.

Are you looking for people to hike with you? If so, post time, trail, pace, etc.

If you are just looking for info, this belongs in the Q&A forum.

- darren

cannon

bintrepidhiker said:
Was thinking of doing a hike up Cannon this Friday (6/9) and was wondering if anyone has been there of late so i have an idea what to expect for trail conditions. I'll either do Hi-Cannon or Kinsmen Ridge trail, whichever is in better condition for hiking at the moment. Any input would be appreciated, thanks! :D

Osceola and East pk were pretty wet yesterday. Last night there was a brief shower and tomorrow is suppose to haave some more showers. I would guess that the terrain will be muddy and slippery on the rocks.

I hiked it on 5-31 via kinsman ridge trail, it was in good condition. A couple of wet areas nothing too major. Worst spot was from the look out to the actual summit in the small saddle area.

Enjoy the hike