Anyone for Macnaughton saturday?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hillman1

Reaction score
My usual partner has obligations, and I'm either going kayaking on the deerfield or genesee, or trying to hike(I'd rather hike). I'd like to go in from the Loj, and try it from wallface ponds. If you'd like to try it, post here, pm or email me. I've heard it's a great little hike. I don't know where the herd path starts, so it could be a bit of an adventure.

You just can't stop, can you? Maybe there'll be some lightning up there, so you'll feel right at home on the summit! Did you read Doc McPeak's report? Yeah, makes me want to run right up there. I'm going to wait 'til October or November for #47.

If noone wants to go, I'll be kayaking the letchworth gorge with a flowpaddlers trip. Someone must want to do a sufferfest...Just post by 9pm. Someone has to want to at least try it. If not, ALG, I'll be there for the fall foliage hike.

You've got me thinking about it....Was planning a quick up and down of Algonquin just to stay in shape and posted on your favourite forum looking for a partner. The weather will be lousey unless the weather man is wrong. Electrical weather forecasted.
This would be a 12 hour plus hike right?

I would imagine it will be 12 hours, but I really have no idea. I don't know where the herd path starts, so the search could take awhile. I pretty much just committed to kayaking a few minutes ago, but if you post that you're going, I'll be there.

Let's do it. Meet at the Loj at 7or 8? I have a 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive to get there so 7 is the earliest I can do.

7 or 8 is perfect for me--I just got your pm. I have to take off for awhile to appease my better half right now(friday night and all), but I'll check back on here when I get home. If 8am is better for you, it's perfect for me. Either time gets us out before dark. PM back or post here. I am stoked for some hiking.

From Wallface Ponds, I remember there being a few herd paths to the top. However, you don't really need one. From the top the herd path down the otherside is very obvious.

I'll say it again. the best route is via the drainage just past the Wallface Lean-to. But if you unfamiliar with the area, it could be easy to get the wrong one.

I really do wish I could go, but I have previous engagements, with major house work that I've been ignoring for a while now. Have a great time, when your ready for more 100 highest just let me know.