Arghh! Another Denver storm!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truepatriot09

Reaction score
Melrose, MA; Avatar: Prepping for my first 12 hour
The Front Range is getting blasted and it's forecasted to be back in the mid-40's by next Tuesday here! This winter is killing me! Especially since I have a co-worker who lives in Boulder who LOVES to rub in the fact that they have a 2+ foot base in the high desert while us 'hearty chilly yankees' are dealing with an early mud-season (my backyard is pretty soupy).

Sorry just needed to vent about our lack of winter. When is it going to change? I have new bc ski's that need breaking in!

truepatriot09 said:
The Front Range is getting blasted and it's forecasted to be back in the mid-40's by next Tuesday here! This winter is killing me! Especially since I have a co-worker who lives in Boulder who LOVES to rub in the fact that they have a 2+ foot base in the high desert while us 'hearty chilly yankees' are dealing with an early mud-season (my backyard is pretty soupy).

Sorry just needed to vent about our lack of winter. When is it going to change? I have new bc ski's that need breaking in!

I also have a friend that lives in CO (Dillon actually), and he too LOVES to rub it in.....im TRYING desperately to convince the wife that CO is where we need to live...im sick of the fickle NE winters.....im SUPER depressed with our lack of winter thus far...

M

Persistence

Hey- from all I can tell, El Nino helps the warm pattern (hurts us), but the big thing is that the large-scale weather pattern, which normally changes every couple weeks this time of year, is just plain stuck. Nobody knows why. The jet stream and large scale global patterns have not budged an inch since the first week of November, really. No change in sight, though there is not much that can predict beyond two weeks in advance with any reliability at all.

My only solace is that last winter, we were loving the weather till about January 10th when winter came to a permanent screeching halt. No advance warning for that one either. Hopefully things will balance out.
Funny, and I thought we were in for a lot of snow when we decided not to buy season passes to the local ski hill this year... :rolleyes:

Weatherman

Sorry guys, the unusually mild winter conditions are due to my purchase of a $600 snow blower a couple of weeks ago to clean my driveway this winter. Similar mild winters have occurred after buying a backpacking sled one year,and new cross country skis another. Be thankful you're not in the autobody repair business. Or a heating oil dealer. John

I used to live in Boulder and was out there the week before Christmas for a visit. My flight on the 22nd was canceled b/c of the blizzard -- 30 inches total in Boulder! The city was nearly completely shut down. I finally made it home to Vermont close to midnight on Christmas Day.
A lot of stories and photos from that one. :)

truepatriot09 said:
I guess the upside is that I just went for a kick ass road ride on my bike. Nice to not have sand on the roads. If this keeps up, I should be super fit by early February!

I can certainly see the benefit of this, myself. From the super-fit department, I can honest state that I came out of last winter less fit then most -- even though I rode a lot. I attribute it to the lack of 4-6 hour skate-ski marathons.

From the lemons -> lemonade department, when there's no snow and it's "too warm", RIDE YOUR BIKE!

Tim

I just returned from 10 days in Colorado; there was so much snow in the Denver area, we simply x-c skied from out my brother's door along Bear Creek in Lakewood and never made it to the mountains.