AT flooding: What do thru-hikers do ?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That brings up an interesting thought. The AT is considered a continuous footpath. You don't use your feet in a canoe. This is a break in the footpath it would seem. Curious...
You can stand up in a canoe if it makes you feel better... :)

(Yes, it is a skill that isn't taught all that often these days.)

Doug

You can stand up in a canoe if it makes you feel better... :)

(Yes, it is a skill that isn't taught all that often these days.)

Doug

or perhaps water skis, a new "aqua-blazing" trend.

Steve would have to paddle Really hard though. :D

Met a thru'er at Zealand Hut on Sunday and asked him how he made out during the storm: He "held up well" in Hanover. Mentioned restaurants, book stores etc and then the "abandoned hotel" (I think I remember that correctly) that he or they stayed in :confused:. Don't know if that was "official" housing or not, but he did fine.

Me too. On the other hand, I walked out the Caribou Valley Road instead of going over the Crockers in a pissing rainstorm after nearly drowning crossing the South Fork of the Carrabassett.

Flame away.

QUOTE]

I walked out on CVR after nearly falling in the Carrabassett in a rainstrom too! Blown over on Sugarloaf that day. I did take the canoe across the Kennebec. It looks all tame from the south bank but the northern channel wasn't something I would ever want to mess with.

Anyway, on my thru-hike I took the attitude that I was walking from Georgia to Maine, and this did not always include the trail. Sometimes it included roads or blue-blaze trails.

Someone spends five months walking the trail and someone wants to judge them. Goes to show who they actually are.