bald guy and buddy do the loop

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh_hamann04

Reaction score
This last weekend my best freind and i hiked the white mountains and at the end of our journey on top of little haystack we met a guy from connecticut who thought we should post our story, so here it goes. My buddy mitch and I decided to go backpacking for our labor day weekend we are both in the navy so really try to take advantage of our time off. We started friday night around three pm at old bridle path trailhead. We climbed layfyette and camped between it and garfield. The next day was hellacious! We climbed Garfield but our reward was a thick fog we couldnt see 50 feet in. Then it was up to south twin, guyot, bond and bondcliff that night we camped down by the river after bondcliff we were both exhausted! The next day we got to go swimming and play in franconia falls which rocked then it was up flume and liberty where we spent the night and met a couple from switzerland ,Anna and Pierre, who lived in Canada. Poor pierre got his jacket stolen right out of his tent when he and anna went to the campsite for water. Monday we awoke and made our last climb up haystack then it waas down falling waters trail , which after four days of climbing seemed to never end! So from friday night to monday at noon we bagged nine peaks and i believe almost thirty miles. It rocked! -josh

Interesting way to hike the Pemi Loop, as most begin and end with the flats on the Wilderness Trail from Lincoln Woods on the Kanc. Congrats for your few days on leave!