Baldfaces Query

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seeker

Reaction score
Which way? Clockwise or counter clockwise?

Which trail? Bicknell or Baldface on N. Baldface?

From reading the trail desciptions, I wasn't sure which trail was the more scenic.

I'm leading an AMC trip June 18-20. If anyone is interested, let me know via pm/email and I've give you more details!

Thanks in advance for your comments.

The Baldfaces were my first real backpacking trip, where I actually carried all my gear. It's a fantastic hike & very scenic.

We went up South Baldface & stayed overnight at the shelter. I'd suggest going up that way as it would be kind of tricky descending down those ledges, especially if they are at all wet (as they were for our trip.) If I remember correctly, we took the Bicknell Trail down to shave off a little bit of time (can't comment on how it compares to N Baldface trail since we didn't go that way.)

- Ivy

The ledges above the leanto are by far the steepest, so do you want to go up or down the steep way?

Bicknell Ridge is more open on the way down but Baldface Circle you stay on the main ridge longer.

Sounds like clockwise is the way to go. Now, is Bicknell or Baldface the most scenic way down?

Thanks again for your comments! :)