Baxter in June

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oswegatchie

Reaction score
We last visited Baxter in June of 1982. At that time, access was easy...no lines, no reservations required. We are going to be in the area this year from about June 8 through the 18th, and would like to revisit the park for a day. Based on experience, what do you think our chances are of being able to get in without reservations? We would be able to go mid-week.

Also, we might be able to spend a night or two camping. I understand that some campsites are designated first come, first served. Anyone have any idea what our chances would be to score one of these on a random, mid-week day?

Thanks for your help.

PS: yeah, we know all about the flies. Survived them before, will survive them again:)

Here's a link to the Park website:

http://www.baxterstateparkauthority.com/

I'm unaware that anything is first come, first served, except that which is not reserved when you arrive and make your reservation. Call the Park. They're friendly and can help you get what you want.

I have always gotten a campsite without reservations. But they will not be your first choice, you must be flexible.