Baxter State Park in early September

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikehikeskifish

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
Starting to plan my NEHH finish - I need the 6 peaks in Baxter. Let me know if you are interested. Somewhere between Labor Day and 9/15 (I would like to be in NH for Flags on the 48, however.)

Tim

Count me in, depending on the date. Still need No. Brother, Fort, and Hamlin.

Hi Tim
I've been following your progress from afar. . .

Thanks for posting this trip and count me in too!

I'm nearing the end of my NEHH x 2 with 'only' 9 more to go.

These include the 6 in BSP and also Saddleback/Horn and East Kennebago (anyone out there I can tag along with on the latter this year?).

As for a Baxter trip, might I suggest the first full weekend of September as things may still be a bit crowded on Labor Day weekend. . .
Factoring in the travel and potential rain dates, something like Sept. 6-9.

Looking forward to it, thanks again!

I made reservations at www.bigmoosecabins.com for 9/2, 9/3, 9/4 and 9/5. The cabin sleeps 6-10. There are certainly camping opportunities as well. The plan is to drive up Monday 9/2 and home Friday 9/6, leaving Tu/We/Th for hiking all six NEHH peaks, with one day for weather or goofing off.

Let me know here, or privately, if you are interested. Will need commitment by late July.

Tim

Hi Tim, We finished the NEHH on Fort last September. Hope you have nice weather and
start early. Coe, S. Bro, N. Bro Fort is a long day hike. And so is Hamlin/Baxter.

I've done Hamlin/Baxter too many times to count (actually only 17), so they're not needed, and neither is N. Brother, but the others I still need and have some time. I have to work that Monday, but have Tues-Fri off and am very interested.

Sounds familiar, I have some slots open Labor Day weekend at Bear Brook.

Hopefully I can get MadRivers info on his Marston Slide attempt.

If the forecast stays below 40% chance of rain wed-fri, I'll be heading to Baxter Tuesday to try and do some or all of the 6 HH peaks. I only need the 3 4Ks to finish my NE4k list. Did the 5 in VT in August. I'm not looking to join anyone because I hike too slow, but if you pass anyone looking like my avatar say hey. I have bunkhouse rooms reserved for Chimney Pond tues & wed and Neswad.... on Thursday only as placeholders. -- Marvin from RI