Bennie's Brook Slide again

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daxegraphix

Reaction score
I went back to Bennie's today to finish the lefthand slide I had stopped short on about a month ago. It was tons of fun and all that. There's a waterfall/icefall some 10 yards from the top. That was the only place I skirted into the bush. I popped back out on the other side of it and gingerly finished the last bit on the ice. There was a log for a bench right smack at the top. Good thing, because my left crampon was twisting itself inside out and had to be taken off and adjusted. The cripplebush is as thick as anywhere else. I didn't try to connect to the trail, but came back down the slide instead.
That's pretty cool but I had to fight the "miller time" feelings and pay a frickin tention to what I was doing. I went back in the bush to get around the falls since I have no ice tools. Butt sliding through cripplebush at 40degrees (of slope) was something different.
I motored down the easier parts of the slide and through the woods.
My watch had changed time zones in my pocket so I thought I was an hour behind schedule. I'm glad I finished this slide or it would have bugged the heck out of me for the next 10 months.

Crossing Over

daxegraphix,

How did you get across JB? Did you tempt fate and use the forbidden bridge?

Just curious, because the last time I was in that area (Saddleback - 2/22) there was a barricade (of sorts) on the north side so I opted to cross at JBL and almost fell through.