BetaMid vs ShangriLa vs Appy Trails?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave.m

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Looking for input on any of the above 2 persons tarp/tents.

I already have a basic tarp and larger MegaMid. I'm definitely looking for something like the above: full coverage to the ground (not a basic tarp), small foot print, pitchable with standard treking poles.

Use will be for solo or light 2 person trips in New England. Heavy rain, high winds and ability to fit into tight places in our tight woods are all things I need. Very aware of the issues with condensation with this style tent. This will see occasional winter use.

Leaning heavily towards the BetaMid but am curious about the others. Not finding many reviews of the Appy Trails.

I don't have the answer, but am also quite interested. Another you may want to add to your list is the MLD Supermid. Gets very good reviews.

Edit: probably redundant with your Megamid, though.

Brian, that's my thinking too.

My large Mid is palatial but not yet dead. Definitely looking for something with a smaller foot print though.

Have you given the Tarptent Stratospire 2 a look? I'm looking into another tent myself and so far this seems to be a strong contender.