Hiking partner(s) needed

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StaggerLee21

Reaction score
GOAL: Looking for at least one experienced all-season hiking partner; would like to meet other great people in the community as well. my old hiking budds just dont have the commitment anymore....always waiting for a "better time".....been there done that lol. doesnt work. open to go anywhere as long as I can get out of the house and into the mountains but these places are on the horizon for me:... dry river adventure, western bigelows, south crocker,burnt mountain, baldpates and wild river peaks off trail. Sandwich dome and flat mountain pond, sandwhich range; paugus and exploring Passaconaway slide. Saddlebacks and possibly even over to abraham when it warms up and the days are longer(I know a secret,safe below treeline access that makes the trip more doable)

ABOUT ME/HIKING STYLE: Ive put the time in, and I'm over the rushing and peak conquering. I'm experienced, but I don't expect anyone else to be a pro. I'm more than willing to help someone with good basic experience round out more of the good times. If its really frigid with stiff winds sometimes I like to enjoy a nice camp spot and take mellow little side hikes with some heated water in a more sedentary/subdued retreat style outing and eat lots of hot foods and drinks or use a basecamp to explore oldgrowth, gorges, secret views,slides, secret ledges or outcrops, ravines, bogs and high meadows etc..... I'm more than willing to help someone tick off some peaks if they aren't in a frantic rush. I'm liberal about food. I come from the oldschool and believe in eating well and feeling well on the trail and I pull it off with a decent weight. If your one of those people who wants to eat sugar gel and cold sawdust crunch round the clock and pound out 9-12 milers in mid winter it wont work......I usually prefer a tent. and when its quiet i dont mind staying at a platform ,but shelters can be nice in winter sometimes, especially if its quiet or snowing alot. I do have access to a heated trail-side cabin for an occasional base-camp style trip in a desirable peaks region but it requires four wheel drive and snow or all-terrain tires. I have some really nice tents, solo and 2p, but my winter 2 person is a little tight, but vestibule big enough to cook in and throw gear. in the non winter 3 seasons I'm big on bushwhacking to good views and terrain features ive scoped from a distance, lesser known mountains like 3ks and anything in Maine where its rugged, open and quiet and the forest is magic.

MY SCHEDULE: I'm almost always in school from Monday to Wednesday mid-day. otherwise I'm part-time self-employed and highly flexible, and I do like to use weekdays to avoid crowds or hit the less busy areas on weekends. Until I know what my new workload is like, I don't know what my free-time will be like exactly.will know more exactly this time next week.

Last edited: