Big Slide 2-19

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1ADAM12

Reaction score
PICTURES

The night before we were headed out I got a call from ADKDREMN that he was not going to be able to make the Friday trip due to Work obligations If we had not told Cold Feet we were meeting him at the trailhead Seth and I probably would have slept in instead of leaving PA at 330am

Well I am so glad we hiked Big Slide with Cold Feet! What an awesome guy We had laughs all day and the only thing we were lacking were the views.

Anyways, Seth and I arrived at the Garden at 9am and we were all on the trail by 930. Thanks Cold Feet for the awesome NY bagels. What a treat before our hike! We were the first ones on the trail today and had to break trail through a few inches of snow. No big deal really but the trail makers were few and far between and we got off the trail a few times.

At the time we reached the first brother we were passed by RIK and we chatted for a bit. Once on top of the first look out the wind was just a howling and would knock you off your feet if you were not careful.

Once we got passed the third brother we were then lapped by RIK! Amazing! He did Bigslide in just about 3 hours as opposed to out 7 hour trip When we got to the junction where the climb really began we made our way to the summit. Cold Feet and I arrived together and then shortly after Seth arrived.

The wind was very slight on Bigslide but was whipping on the brothers. What an amazing difference the valley makes and re-directs the wind! All in all what a great day and finally meeting a new forum member that I would love to hike with again

David it was great meeting and hiking with you! Seth it is aways a pleasure my friend.

We all had fun at the ARK with a lot of laughs and meeting new people and catching up with old friends. I cannot wait for next year

Adam, you get up way too late to go hiking!

Wow, I don't know how you do it making it to a summit in winter after not only missing most of the previous night sleep but driving such long distances before hitting the trail!

Adam, you get up way too late to go hiking!

Wow, I don't know how you do it making it to a summit in winter after not only missing most of the previous night sleep but driving such long distances before hitting the trail!

Christine,

I wish I lived as close as you :)

We hiked Bigslide on Friday and then did Whiteface and Esther on Saturday. The winds were horrendous on Whiteface and blew us over on occasion. So what are your plans for March 6th? I will be heading up for Allen. Want to come?:cool:

March 6, probably Marshall!

Allen, I have climbed the mountain enough times in the winter for a lifetime, mind you with the right condition it's the best buttslide in the Adirondacks.