Bigelow Range - Oct 2

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love this loop. This is my favorite mountian and loop here in Maine so far. You go up the old fire wardens trail and connect to the Appalachian Trail and come back down Horns Pond trail. I have yet to be on Avery peak to catch a sunset. That is what I would like to do one day.

I just got done looking at the pictures you took on your trip. They came out really good. What kind of a camera did you use for thses?

I liked Battell Shelter, indeed. The privy, however, could use a bit of ergonomics...

rbhayes said:
Actually we did the loop clockwise, so we came down the Fire Wardens trail. We use a Nikon D100 camera with a 17 - 35 lens.

Wow. That is a pricey camera. Now I can also see why your pictures came out so good. Nice camera. It looks heavey. Since it is digital is it lighter them most 35mm that size?

No - it is a pretty hefty camera. Guess I just get more exercise that Geri does - or it slows me down so we hike well together :> Not having the natural photography skills that other on VFTT have, I need all the help the equipment will provide.